Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Heat Wave Let's Go in Time for a Wonderful Weekend at the Graves Mountain Festival of Music!

Yes, we were in the grips of a stifling heat wave, but just as The Graves Mountain Festival of Music began the weather broke into three absolutely gorgeous days, allowing us to enjoy one of the best ever gatherings at Graves Mountain.  I'm not going to bore you here with a lot of words, but rather, share a few pictures I took while enjoying my weekend at Graves. 

First, I want you to know (Most of you already do!) I am a lazy man at heart, as there were many bands I saw over the course of the weekend, of which I took no photographs because I was too lazy to carry my camera with me to the stage.  But, I did take a few and following are some of the better ones.

Ben Eldridge preparing to wow us all with that distinctive Ben Eldridge banjo style - Great! Dudley Connell on stage at Graves Mountain   Back stage with Tim Timberlake and Donna Ulisse Balsam Range on stage @ Graves Mountain Festival of Music Darren Nicholson of Balsam Range Buddy Melton, lead singer, fiddler, dobroist all for Balsam Range Caleb Smith & Marc Pruett, Balsam Range Cathy and (a startled) Earl Banton enjoying great Bluegrass at Graves The Grascals on stage Kristen Scott Benson hammering away on the old Five Terry Eldridge Jamie Johnson & Terry Eldridge Danny Roberts Jeremy Abshire

I am exhausted from having had so much fun at the Graves Mountain Festival of Music, but wanted to share these pics before collapsing for the evening.  Hey, I've got an idea; let's all go back to Graves again next year!  Deal???

"NUFF SAID!"

No comments: