Sunday, May 2, 2010

IBMA Announces Invited Artists for the 2010 "World of Bluegrass" Showcases

The International Bluegrass Music Association has announced the artists invited to showcase as part of the 2010 "World of Bluegrass" in Nashville, TN the week of September 27th thru October 3rd.  To see a complete schedule of all events click here.

The following bands will showcase: The Boxcars; The Chapmans; Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper; The Cockman Family; Rodney Dillard; Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers; The Claire Lynch Band; Kati Penn & NewTown; Lou Reid & Carolina; Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band; Wayne Taylor & Appaloosa and The Darrell Webb Band.

Each of the above "highlighted" band names provide a direct link to their respective web sites.  Please visit them and find out more about these great groups.

Well folks, I'm finally retired and have enjoyed my first week on getting up whenever I please.  Problem is, after 32 years of getting up every morning a 5:00AM it's been kinda hard making the change.  But, do not dismay, I'm working on it and have already stayed in until after 7:00AM a few times.  I plan to pursue Bluegrass with a bit more zeal than in the past, if that's at all possible.  As soon as I get my "fixed income" straight I'll be hitting the road following wherever the music takes me. Until then......

"NUFF SAID!"

No comments: