Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Bluegrass Ramble" April 4th,2009

Hi folks,  This is my first article after the closing of my ten years of publishing "Bluegrass Virginia" the newsletter.  Those ten years were full of good times and I'm hoping that I can offer some interesting Bluegrass related stuff for you here in "Bluegrass Virginia, The Blog."  This is an extension of a column I had in the newsletter called the Bluegrass Ramble.  Whenever you see an article with Bluegrass Ramble in the title be prepared for just that.  I'll ramble from here to there with my thoughts about Bluegrass and some actual useful information along with, perhaps, some personal happenings as I make my way through life.

Just four short years ago I received an email from a young woman named Kim Gold.  She had heard from the IBMA that I, through our club, The Virginia Bluegrass Family, was doing some booking of showcase bands at the IBMA World of Bluegrass in Louisville, Kentucky.  She wrote to me that her three daughters had formed a band named Gold Heart, and they were interested in showcasing as part of my "Night Owl Concerts."  Always interested in new talent, I booked them without having heard a single note of music.  In the interim between booking them to play and the week of IBMA I met them when they came down to Chesterfield, Virginia to attend the VFMA "Jumpin' Bluegrass 05."  We were pleasantly rewarded with Gold Heart making a special guest appearance during the weekend of the festival.  Since that time they have performed all around Virginia and up and down the east coast.  Soon they will travel for a two week tour of the United Kingdom where I know they'll be welcomed and in turn they will treat those British Isles to some good old Virginia styled Bluegrass.  Probably the neatest thing I have to share about Gold Heart is that they have just been signed as Rural Rhythm Records newest recording artists.  To read the official announcement by their booking agent Hope River Entertainment and Rural Rhythm Records click here.  I'm so proud and happy for this fine family.  Here's a few photos of Gold Heart.

MVC-003F DSC00334 DSC00336  DSC00332 DSC00353

Hey, folks I wanted to tell you something about some recent posts here on "Bluegrass Virginia."  A couple of weeks ago I sent out a notice telling you there were 11 new posts on the blog, but when you went to look at them there were only 5 or 6 of them visible.  It turns out that the wonderful Internet service that allows me to present this journal to you free of charge archives all posts beyond the five most recent.  So, that means all of the posts are there.  You simply have to click on the words "older posts" that appear at the very bottom of the series of post that are visible right now.  Do take a little time to take a look.  Thanks!

"NUFF SAID!"

No comments: