Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Night Owl Concerts - Shorter Showcases - More Bands!

I am in the process of booking the bands for this year’s “Night Owl Concerts” as part of the “Cabin Fever Pickin’ Party.”  This year I plan to cut the length of each concert by 5 minutes, in order to accommodate having 8 bands instead of the usual six.  Therefore the shows will begin at the usual 11PM, but will end at 2:20AM.  I regret this shortening of showcases, but since I am only allowed one night to present the Night Owl Concerts, this was the only way I could find to offer more bands for your listening pleasure.  Rest assured there will be less than 30 seconds between bands and we will end each set as nearly as we can to the
promised time.  I am not completely booked, but have bands selected and I am awaiting agreement.  Bands that definitely are playing are: Code Blue, The Flatland Bluegrass Band, The Willow Creek Band and Route 35.  I will announce the full schedule soon. As last year there will be no refreshments offered.  I found most folks didn’t even notice last year.  So, don’t forget the “Night Owl Concerts,” Saturday, March 7th, 2008 in the Holiday Room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll Gary, look like we may have lost out on asking to be involved with Night Owl Concerts, but we're most willing to be apart of other festivals and shows. Give us a shout out some time. We'll do ya right.